I am currently planting Compass Church in the San Diego State area.
I love speaking and writing about college ministry, gospel appointments, evangelism, and practical ways to live out God’s Word!
I am also passionate about: leadership training, learning, missions, church planting, surfing, hiking, sports, photography and traveling (So far I’ve visited 29 countries & all 50 states).
I’m married to Jessica Worcester who I fell in love with while doing college ministry together and we have a two and a half year old son named Samuel and one child on the way!
I graduated from from the University of Oklahoma (OU) with a degree in Film & Video Studies and received my Masters in Theological Studies from Gateway Seminary.
College Ministry Posts
I love to be a resource for fellow college ministers who are seeking to effectively reach and disciples students. I am a featured writer on the Collegiate Collective website. Here are several posts I have done for college ministry sites and on this blog.
- Do You Have A Vision for Multiplying Your Ministry?
- How to Preach so Students Will Listen
- Turning Selfish Students into Selfless Missionaries
- The Radically Focused College Ministry
- Are you Developing and Sending Your Students Well?
- How to Recruit, Develop and Keep Staff Members
- Collaboration without Comparison
- Pray First
- Christ’s Passion For The Campus
- What Works Everywhere?
- You Had One Job!
- What Collegiate Leaders Need Most
- “7 Stories of Hope” Evangelistic Bible Study (Adapted from other Sources)
- It’s Harvest Time!
- Connection Meetings: A College Ministry Tool For Evangelism and Recruiting
- Pick up the Baton! How College Ministry Changed A Life at SDSU
Podcasts & Videos
- PODCAST: Reaching Your City Through Starting New Campus Ministries
- PODCAST: My story on the Ministry Mentor podcast interview with Matt Sturdevant
- VIDEO: OU BCM Story: Multiplying Disciples, Multiplying Ministries
- VIDEO: Sharing Christ on Campus
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Support Raising
- VIDEO: 3 Secrets to Reaching & Assimilating Commuter Students
- 11 Tips for Your 20s
- A Screwtape Letter for 2018
- Why Do I Post What I Post on Social Media?
- Summary of The Explicit Gospel – by Matt Chandler
- Awkward evangelism: Beyond Awkward book review
- Summary of “The God Ask”