From my reading in 1 Thessalonians 3 in the One Year Bible New Testament.
In this chapter you can see Paul’s heart for the Thessalonians. Here are some examples of the things that show his love.
- He sent Timothy to strengthen and encourage them. 1-5
- He encourages them for staying strong. 7
- He share how he get’s new life because they are standing firm. 8
- He thanks God for them. 9
- He prays earnestly for their growth. 10
- He prays that they would be united soon. 11
- He prays that God would make their love overflow as his love overflows toward them. 12
- He prays that their hearts would be strong, blameless, and holy. 13
Paul’s life was connected to these people.
“For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 3:8
He was passionate about their growth and longed for them to stay strong in their faith. If you are ministering to people it is okay to give them your heart. Paul did. Jesus did.
Are you deeply connected to the people that you are ministering to?
If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe by Email.