Encouragement For Those Suffering – 2 Corinthians 11:16-33
From my reading in 2 Corinthians 11:16-33 in the One Year Bible New Testament.
We all go through hard times, but some people experience much more pain than others!
It order to defend his legitimacy apostle Paul share many of his trials with the Corinthians. Here’s the list of the trials Paul went through from 2 Corinthians 11.
- Worked hard long days -23, 27
- Put in prison -23
- Whipped without number -23
- Faced death again and again – 23
- Received 39 lashes five times – 24
- Beaten with rods three times – 25
- Shipwrecked three times – 25
- Spent a night and day drifting at sea – 25
- Traveled many long journeys – 26
- Faced danger from rivers -26
- Faced danger from robbers -26
- Faced danger from people, both Jews and Gentiles -26
- Danger in the cities – 26
- Danger in the deserts -26
- Danger on the seas -26
- Danger from false christians – 26
- Endured sleepless nights -27
- Been hungry – 27
- Been thirsty – 27
- Been cold – 27
- Been without enough clothing to keep warm – 27
- The daily burden of concern for all the churches – 28
- Had to escape a city through a window in a basket – 32-22
It’s safe to say that 99% of those reading this article have not experienced as much pain as the Apostle Paul!
All of this pain never deterred him from his mission. Paul was so motivated that he was willing to endure all these things for the sake of the gospel! Paul experienced much suffering of the sake of Jesus. Paul said,
If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am. 2 Corinthians 11:30
I think the reason he boasted in his weakness is that it identified him with Jesus, “a man of suffering”.
It is in the middle Paul’s weakness and suffering that God used Paul to plant many churches. If you are in ministry and going through hard times, take heart, God still wants to use you and often uses us in the middle of our pain!
If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe by Email.