16 Instructions That Will Transform Your Life – Romans 12
From my reading in Romans 12 in the One Year Bible New Testament.
1. Give yourself completely to God as a living sacrifice.
“And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable.” Rom 12:1
2. Don’t conform to the world, instead be transformed by the truth.
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Rom 12:2
3. Don’t have an inflated opinion of yourself, be realistic.
“Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.” Rom 12:3
4. Use whatever gift you have been given to serve others to the best of your ability.
“In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7 If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8 If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.” Rom 12:6-8
5. Don’t just pretend to care, actually love people!
“Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them.” Rom 12:9b
6. Hate evil and love good.
“Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.” Rom 12:9b
7. Genuinely love and honor others.
“Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.” Rom 12:10
8. Don’t be lazy, work hard serving God!
“Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.” Rom 12:11
9. Rejoice in hope, be patient in hard times, and always keep praying.
“Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.” Rom 12:12
10. Be ready and eager to help those in need and offer hospitality.
“When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.” Rom 12:13
11. Bless and pray for those who persecute you.
“Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.” Rom 12:14
12. Be sympathetic toward others.
“Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.” Rom 12:15
13. Humbly enjoy the company of all types of people.
“Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!” Rom 12:16
14. Always take the high road.
“Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable.” Rom 12:17
15. Pursue peace if at all possible.
“Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.” Rom 12:18
16. Never take revenge, instead overcome evil with good.
“Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,“I will take revenge;I will pay them back,” says the Lord. Instead “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.” Romans 12:19-21
Which of these instructions do you need to apply to your life today?
If you like this article share it on Facebook, Twitter or subscribe by Email.