Hi, I’m David, lead pastor and planter of Compass Church in the San Diego State area. I’m married to Jessica, have two crazy boys Samuel and Joshua, and one little one in the oven.
My passion is inviting everyone to experience the joy of following Jesus!
This site is designed help equip you to play your part in God’s great mission through articles on: leadership, evangelism, college ministry, church planting, and applying God’s Word.
I graduated from from the University of Oklahoma (OU) with a degree in Film & Video Studies and received my Masters in Theological Studies from Gateway Seminary.
I’d love to connect with you personally online, over coffee, or if you visit San Diego we could go for a surf! You can contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Twitter and Facebook. I love to write guest posts for blogs, and speak at events.
- Do You Have A Vision for Multiplying Your Ministry?
- How to Preach so Students Will Listen
- Turning Selfish Students into Selfless Missionaries
- The Radically Focused College Ministry
- Are you Developing and Sending Your Students Well?
- How to Recruit, Develop and Keep Staff Members
- Collaboration without Comparison
- Pray First
- Christ’s Passion For The Campus
- What Works Everywhere?
- You Had One Job!
- What Collegiate Leaders Need Most
- It’s Harvest Time!
- 11 Tips for Your 20s
- A Screwtape Letter for 2018
- 4 Ways To Stay Focused When Your Plans Get Canceled
- Awkward evangelism: Beyond Awkward book review
- Summary of “The God Ask”
- Gospel Appointments (Helped develop website)
- PODCAST: Reaching Your City Through Starting New Campus Ministries
- PODCAST: My story on the Ministry Mentor podcast interview with Matt Sturdevant
- VIDEO: OU BCM Story: Multiplying Disciples, Multiplying Ministries
- VIDEO: Sharing Christ on Campus
- VIDEO: The Benefits of Support Raising
- VIDEO: 3 Secrets to Reaching & Assimilating Commuter Students